Painter. He studied at the Novakivsky Art School in Lviv (1923?7) and, with a stipend from Metropolitan Andrei Sheptytsky, in Paris (1928?30), at the Acad魩e Julien and the Conservatoire National des Arts et Mers.
After returning to Lviv he worked as Oleksa Novakivsky’s assistant and as a portraitist. From 1925 he participated in group exhibitions in Lviv, including those of the Association of Independent Ukrainian Artists. A postwar refugee in Germany, in 1949 he emigrated to New York. Solo exhibitions of his work were held there at the Panoras Gallery (1959?63) and in Toronto (1964), and his works have been shown in other cities in the United States and Canada and in Munich and Paris. He has painted over 3,000 works?portraits (e.g., of Metropolitan A. Sheptytsky and Cardinal Yosyf Slipy), icons, landscapes, and genre paintings in a style that has evolved from a calm impressionism to expressionism.